Welcome to Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA!
Posted on January 1, 2018
What Method of Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA is the Answer to Your Allergy Problems at Home?
Sacramento Carpet Cleaning methods are not all the same. In fact, there are many different ways to clean various types of carpet. What many people do not understand is that carpet fibers are not all made the same, so certain types of carpet will require a different type of cleaning method. Certain cleansers may also be harmful for some carpet fibers while they work wonders for other types. It is important to complete preliminary research before having just any carpet cleaning company in Sacramento CA come to a home and clean the carpet with whatever method they feel like using without regard to what is best for the carpet.
Call Today for a FREE Quote! (916) 706-3211
To keep informed, it is probably a good idea to learn about a few of the different carpet cleaning methods in California and how they work. Below are a few different carpet cleaning methods:
1. Shampooing a Carpet - Typically this seems to be the least effective method on any carpet. What occurs during a carpet shampooing is that formulated detergents are applied directly to the carpet and then the professional carpet cleaners will use a machine that agitates the cleanser. Then they will use a vacuum to extract the cleanser and make the carpet look very clean. The detergents used are formulated to make the carpet seem bright and smell nice. However, it does little more any caked on dirt deep down in the pad of the carpet. So if the main purpose of a carpet cleaning for a home is to make it look nice, maybe for a special occasion where a lot of people will be walking around so the carpet will need to be cleaned again anyway, shampooing can be the right choice. However, for health and wellness reasons, it is typically not the top choice.
2. Dry Carpet Cleaning - Most people recommend the dry cleaning method over any other. It is certainly helpful since there is little to no down time since the carpet will not need to dry for a long period of time as is necessary with other methods. Most of the time, using a special cleaning powder completes the process. It is sprinkled all over the carpet and it will automatically start attracting dirt. After it has stayed on the carpet an appropriate amount of time to absorb, it is then sucked up by a vacuum, leaving the carpet almost as good as new. A few carpet cleaning companies have made modifications to this method with different cleansers, such as an oxygenated cleanser. This method works well too, because although it may make the carpet wet just briefly, the oxygenated bubbles help lift dirt out of the base of the carpet, allowing it to be cleaned up even more effectively.
3. Foam Carpet Cleaning - This method is also very useful. It basically takes a little bit of the shampoo method and then combines it with the dry cleaning method. A cleansing foam and a small amount of water are applied to the carpet. The cleansing foam is also designed to attract dirt dust and harmful fibers like the powder in a dry cleaning method does. It works its way through the carpet and then the foam, along with all the dirt and dust particles it has collected are extracted from the carpet. This method works best of tougher carpet due to the nature of the foam as well as the vacuum.
4. Steam Carpet Cleaning - Steam carpet cleaning is probably one of the most well known cleaning methods and is also used often by Sacramento Carpet Cleaners. It does have its disadvantages though because it uses an awful lot of water. When the water soaks deep down into the pad of the carpet, it can damage it so severely that the carpet may need to be replaced. However, if steam cleaning is done properly, and not too frequently, it can be effective. It is also known as "Hot water extraction" and basically it works by having a very powerful machine put a hot water and cleanser solution deep down into the carpet. Then the machine will extract the cleanser with a powerful suction. All of this will most likely get the most dirt out of the carpet, however, it may cause the carpet damage over time. It also means the carpet will be wet for a while, so do not use this method as a quick fix, since there is nothing quick about it.
The Hot Water Extraction (HWE) method, is a method used in chemistry for extraction and for "steam cleaning". The pressurized hot water extraction (PHWE) process uses a combination of high water pressure for agitation, and hot water to increase reaction rate.
Though commonly called "Steam Cleaning", no actual steam is involved in the HWE cleaning process, apart from steam that may escape incidentally from hot water. When the cleaning solution comes in contact with the carpet/rug, it is anywhere between 50-120 degrees Celsius, according to the heat available from the cleaning unit. For instance, in a modern truck-mounted carpet cleaning machine, water can be heated under pressure to 150+ degrees Celsius, but after passing through high pressure steel braided hose and several manifolds, the water loses much of its heat.
The typical cleaning method involves a preconditioning of the soiled surface with an alkaline (7 or above on the pH Scale) agent, followed by light agitation with a grooming brush and appropriate dwell time. Next, the surface is passed over several times with a cleaning tool (either manual or automatic) to thoroughly rinse out the preconditioner and, using an acetic acid solution, lower the pH of the fibres to a neutral state. Finally, the surface is dried sufficiently to avoid any possibility of saturation.
Hot Water Extraction Machines
Professional machines range from portable machines, which use electricity to heat the water and power the water pump and vacuum motors, to larger truck mounted machines. Truck mounts are normally stationary gas/diesel engine or PTO powered machines installed in a van or truck. The portable machine is able to access difficult to reach buildings and high story floors, while the truck mount's advantages are its power to heat the water and power of vacuum and faster cleaning and drying times. DIY and rental machines use some of the technology from the professional systems, but with less power and usually without an element to heat water (filling the unit with hot water is advised) the results are limited; these units are not typically called HWE systems.
5. Bonnet Carpet Cleaning - This method is mostly used for commercial buildings due to the amount of carpet inside of them. It is not meant to be incredibly effective, since commercial buildings experience so much traffic anyway. Basically this method will keep the carpets looking fresh and clean, even though some dirt and dust may still be lurking under the surface. A chemical detergent is applied to the carpet and then a rotary machine is equipped with an absorbent pad and then worked across the carpet.
Sunday Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento
Keeping carpets clean is quite simple if you follow a regular maintenance schedule for vacuuming and deep cleaning, and ensuring that all spills are blotted up and stains attended to immediately. If you have bought a new carpet, you are more fortunate than old carpet owners, as the new fibres have the ability to reflect light rays and to offer resistance to soiling and staining.
If you follow a strict vacuuming schedule, you can easily retain the original look of the carpet and also extend its life by quite a few years. Some manufacturers recommend that the number of times you clean your carpet in a week should be equal to the number of persons residing in your home. For example, if you have three persons staying in your home, you need to vacuum your carpet at least thrice a week. Vacuuming at least twice a week is the least you can afford if you want to safeguard your carpet.
Using doormats and rugs in strategic spots like entry and exit doors, entrance to corridors, bottom of stairs, etc, can reduce the amount of soil brought into the house. Use pads or rugs for resting feet near desks and sofas. Dry soil has an abrasive quality that can badly damage carpets if it is allowed to be ground into the carpet. Try to remove the soil when it is still on top of the carpet instead of letting it be walked on.
Buy a vacuum cleaner that has a dual motor to power the suction and the rotation brush. A good rotation brush can loosen up soil that has been ground into the carpet, and can suck out all particles even from the backing. Also check that the brush height can be correctly adjusted to the height of your carpet fibres. It should have good filtration and a top loading bag is preferable to a bottom loading bag for ease of use. And make sure you change the bag when it is half full, as the efficiency of the cleaner reduces as the dust bag gets fuller.
Using a rotation brush whenever you vacuum easily brings out the soil so it can be sucked up by the vacuum cleaner. Slowly push the vacuum cleaner forward in the direction of the pile and then in reverse as many times as needed. But, if you have a thick pile carpet, do not use the rotation brush as it can damage the fibres. Instead use only suction. Run the vacuum at least three times over heavily trafficked areas, in slow, deliberate back and forth strokes.
Sprinkling salt one hour before vacuuming will make the carpet look brighter. If there are indentations in the carpet, fill them with ice cubes. Once the ice has melted, the fibres of the carpet will stand upright again. After vacuuming, you will notice that your carpet has a flat look. To revive the fibres, hold a hot steam iron just over the carpet taking care not to let it touch the carpet. This should bring the fibres up.
Keeping your vacuum cleaner in good shape is also very important. Clean the brushes, hoses, and other attachments on a regular basis and replace all worn out parts immediately. Change the dust bag frequently.
With these measures, and calling in professional carpet cleaners at least once in three months for deep cleaning through hot water extraction, you can keep your carpet looking as good as new.
Need Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA? Call Today! (916) 706-3211
Fleas are insects without wings. They actually suck the blood from all types of animals such as dogs, cats, chickens, rats, and even humans!
Once you are bitten by insects, the bite can swell and become very painful as well as itchy. Fleas can be very annoying even if they do not bite! If you happen to be allergic to insects, they can cause painful rashes.
The good news is they really do not live very long once they are within carpets because they need to live off of a living host. If you have fleas in your carpeting, make it your priority to get eliminate them asap for both you and your pets' health sake.
I compiled a list on how to get rid of fleas from your carpet. Read on.
First of all, fleas that are in your carpet are tough to see with the naked eye. They thrive on living in dark areas that are moist like behind furniture or behind doors. Look on both sides of your carpeting to find these creatures.
1. Use Your Vacuum Sweeper
Suck them out of your carpet before they suck the blood out of you or your pets! Look closely within the corners and seams of your sofas because they are great hiding places for these guys.
2. Wash Every Carpet
If you have whole house carpeting, you may want to call a Professional Carpet Cleaning Company. If you are tackling small individual carpets yourself, remember not all of them are sucked up by your vacuum sweeper. Make it your ritual to wash your carpets in hot water with lots of soap. Steam carpet cleaning your individual carpets is also a good way to terminate all the carpet fleas that your sweeper didn't pick up.
3. Try Using Boric Acid
Boric acid is very deadly against many types of insects. The best thing going for this chemical is that it kills a variety of insects but at the same time it is totally safe for humans.
4. Eliminate Any Old Fabrics.
Sometimes fleas will be very clinging and stick onto your scattered rugs and even your old clothes. Make sure you rid your house of these fabrics.
5. Kill Them With Insect Spray
Purchase a special spray to spray on your furniture, your carpets, and floor boards throughout your house.
6. Regularly Check Your Carpets
It's important to inspect your carpets regularly if you have many dogs and cats at home.
7. Bathe Your Pets Regularly.
Ensure that they stay clean and free from parasites.
8. Try Using Salt.
A number of people actually sprinkle salt all over their carpets in order to kill flea eggs. Sprinkle the salt on the areas of the carpet where you remember seeing carpet fleas. Wait approximately 24 hours before using your vacuum sweeper. You can even try using boric acid in combination with that salt in order to ensure that the parasites are all killed.
9. Treat Your Pets at the Same Time that You Treat Your Carpet.
Some pet owners use Dawn Dish Detergent to bath them.
10. Remember to Correctly Dispose Your Sweeper Bag.
Dispose it into a secured trash bag. You can even add borax. Also add diatomaceous earth (DE) to your vacuum bag to assist in killing the fleas.
11. Keep Your House Clean.
These carpet fleas will leave on their own if they can't get any nourishment while there.
So it is clear that not all carpet cleaning methods in Sacramento CA are the same. Now that the different methods are clearly outlined, it's time to figure out which one will work best in your own home. Choose wisely, as different methods will affect different types of carpet in various ways.