Welcome to Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA!
Posted on January 1, 2018
What Method of Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA is the Answer to Your Allergy Problems at Home?
Sacramento Carpet Cleaning methods are not all the same. In fact, there are many different ways to clean various types of carpet. What many people do not understand is that carpet fibers are not all made the same, so certain types of carpet will require a different type of cleaning method. Certain cleansers may also be harmful for some carpet fibers while they work wonders for other types. It is important to complete preliminary research before having just any carpet cleaning company in Sacramento CA come to a home and clean the carpet with whatever method they feel like using without regard to what is best for the carpet.
Call Today for a FREE Quote! (916) 706-3211
To keep informed, it is probably a good idea to learn about a few of the different carpet cleaning methods in California and how they work. Below are a few different carpet cleaning methods:
1. Shampooing a Carpet - Typically this seems to be the least effective method on any carpet. What occurs during a carpet shampooing is that formulated detergents are applied directly to the carpet and then the professional carpet cleaners will use a machine that agitates the cleanser. Then they will use a vacuum to extract the cleanser and make the carpet look very clean. The detergents used are formulated to make the carpet seem bright and smell nice. However, it does little more any caked on dirt deep down in the pad of the carpet. So if the main purpose of a carpet cleaning for a home is to make it look nice, maybe for a special occasion where a lot of people will be walking around so the carpet will need to be cleaned again anyway, shampooing can be the right choice. However, for health and wellness reasons, it is typically not the top choice.
2. Dry Carpet Cleaning - Most people recommend the dry cleaning method over any other. It is certainly helpful since there is little to no down time since the carpet will not need to dry for a long period of time as is necessary with other methods. Most of the time, using a special cleaning powder completes the process. It is sprinkled all over the carpet and it will automatically start attracting dirt. After it has stayed on the carpet an appropriate amount of time to absorb, it is then sucked up by a vacuum, leaving the carpet almost as good as new. A few carpet cleaning companies have made modifications to this method with different cleansers, such as an oxygenated cleanser. This method works well too, because although it may make the carpet wet just briefly, the oxygenated bubbles help lift dirt out of the base of the carpet, allowing it to be cleaned up even more effectively.
3. Foam Carpet Cleaning - This method is also very useful. It basically takes a little bit of the shampoo method and then combines it with the dry cleaning method. A cleansing foam and a small amount of water are applied to the carpet. The cleansing foam is also designed to attract dirt dust and harmful fibers like the powder in a dry cleaning method does. It works its way through the carpet and then the foam, along with all the dirt and dust particles it has collected are extracted from the carpet. This method works best of tougher carpet due to the nature of the foam as well as the vacuum.
4. Steam Carpet Cleaning - Steam carpet cleaning is probably one of the most well known cleaning methods and is also used often by Sacramento Carpet Cleaners. It does have its disadvantages though because it uses an awful lot of water. When the water soaks deep down into the pad of the carpet, it can damage it so severely that the carpet may need to be replaced. However, if steam cleaning is done properly, and not too frequently, it can be effective. It is also known as "Hot water extraction" and basically it works by having a very powerful machine put a hot water and cleanser solution deep down into the carpet. Then the machine will extract the cleanser with a powerful suction. All of this will most likely get the most dirt out of the carpet, however, it may cause the carpet damage over time. It also means the carpet will be wet for a while, so do not use this method as a quick fix, since there is nothing quick about it.
The Hot Water Extraction (HWE) method, is a method used in chemistry for extraction and for "steam cleaning". The pressurized hot water extraction (PHWE) process uses a combination of high water pressure for agitation, and hot water to increase reaction rate.
Though commonly called "Steam Cleaning", no actual steam is involved in the HWE cleaning process, apart from steam that may escape incidentally from hot water. When the cleaning solution comes in contact with the carpet/rug, it is anywhere between 50-120 degrees Celsius, according to the heat available from the cleaning unit. For instance, in a modern truck-mounted carpet cleaning machine, water can be heated under pressure to 150+ degrees Celsius, but after passing through high pressure steel braided hose and several manifolds, the water loses much of its heat.
The typical cleaning method involves a preconditioning of the soiled surface with an alkaline (7 or above on the pH Scale) agent, followed by light agitation with a grooming brush and appropriate dwell time. Next, the surface is passed over several times with a cleaning tool (either manual or automatic) to thoroughly rinse out the preconditioner and, using an acetic acid solution, lower the pH of the fibres to a neutral state. Finally, the surface is dried sufficiently to avoid any possibility of saturation.
Hot Water Extraction Machines
Professional machines range from portable machines, which use electricity to heat the water and power the water pump and vacuum motors, to larger truck mounted machines. Truck mounts are normally stationary gas/diesel engine or PTO powered machines installed in a van or truck. The portable machine is able to access difficult to reach buildings and high story floors, while the truck mount's advantages are its power to heat the water and power of vacuum and faster cleaning and drying times. DIY and rental machines use some of the technology from the professional systems, but with less power and usually without an element to heat water (filling the unit with hot water is advised) the results are limited; these units are not typically called HWE systems.
5. Bonnet Carpet Cleaning - This method is mostly used for commercial buildings due to the amount of carpet inside of them. It is not meant to be incredibly effective, since commercial buildings experience so much traffic anyway. Basically this method will keep the carpets looking fresh and clean, even though some dirt and dust may still be lurking under the surface. A chemical detergent is applied to the carpet and then a rotary machine is equipped with an absorbent pad and then worked across the carpet.
Steam Carpet Cleaning Companies In Sacramento, CA
If you have ever had to deal with a tough carpet stain or carpet that just will not come clean, than learning a few time tested rug and carpet cleaning techniques may be your next step. There most certainly are occasions where a professional cleaning may be in order, but often a more economical option is available. The first tip for carpet stain removal is to treat the stain as quickly as possible. This may or may not involve trying to remove the stain. Sometimes it is best to allow substances to completely dry before treating. Dirt tracked in from the outside, for instance, is often most readily removed by vacuuming the area once the dirt is dry. Blotting the area with a damp cloth can then take care of any smaller particles left in the carpet fibers.
When treating wet stains, time really is of the essence. Many substances, like wine or spills containing dye, can quickly discolor a carpet. Most carpets have been treated for at least some level of stain resistance, but most often water dissolution is the first and best option when dealing with stains. Dissolving the liquid from the spill followed by gentle blotting to remove any excess is usually a good first step. Always try to work the stain from the outside toward the center using a blotting motion as opposed to rubbing or scrubbing. A harsh carpet cleaning can potentially damage the fibers and result in the need for costly repair or replacement.
If water alone does not remove the stain, try a small amount of a mild dish washing liquid. The solution should be gently worked into the fibers followed by rinsing the area with warm water. Remember to rinse and dry completely. Soap residue will invariably attract and trap dirt making the stained area even more noticeable. Once rinsed thoroughly, blot the area with a clean towel or dry cloth. For stubborn stains, a solution of 2 tbs. of ammonia to 1 cup of warm water will often break down the elements causing the discoloration. Once applied, diluted vinegar can be used to neutralize the ammonia. If these household remedies do not adequately deal with the stain, than a commercial stain removal product should be applied. Use caution however, as these products when used incorrectly can sometimes discolor or permanently damage carpet fibers. It is usually a good idea to test a carpetcleaningproduct in a less noticeable area before pouring or spraying a cleaner directly on the stain.
Sometimes the best solution is simply to call your local carpet cleaner. Steam cleaning or hot water extraction is the method most commonly used by professional carpet cleaners. If you currently need help finding one in your area, there is a link to a detailed directory listed below.
Need Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA? Call Today! (916) 706-3211
Nothing is more important than elegance and beauty of carpet in your home. Professional carpet cleaning lends the room appearance that is rich and the feel that is soft and comfortable. It is obvious for homeowners to maintain their beauty. As many people have pets and this is why they probably need to know tips to remove their urine stains and odors as they can make a big difference to their upholstery as well as furniture.
Pets often carry bacteria and viruses that can be harmful to you and your family health. Generally, these germs get into your carpets or furniture. They may even grow at a particular room temperature. Thus, it is extremely important to take precautionary measures to stay fit and healthy. They also help in keeping your house clean and protect your life time investment. What you need is few effective tips to live together in healthy atmosphere with your pets meanwhile maintaining the cleanliness and beauty of your rugs.
The Biggest Problem
The biggest problem that usually pet lovers face is the amount of pets' hair that often gets into their rugs, drapes, or furniture. In this regard, a number of professional carpet cleaners have been made available in the market to help people get their rugs vacuumed and cleaned in a more professional way. Helping in removing the pets' hair completely, they clean your rugs without damaging the fabric.
Usually pets loose hair constantly. They lay on the furniture and rugs. They transfer oils from their skin making your rugs dirty. Moreover, dirt not only comes in your home through pets but also by family members living there. It sticks to the rugs and upholstery and causes many health related problems. This is why; we need frequent vacuuming through professional ways to keep this problem under control. It also helps in removing the strains caused by pets easily. Improving your home environment dramatically, these cleaning services work wonderfully to avoid any further growth of fungi or bacteria.
Have Good Enzyme Cleaners to Remove Stains
As pets can occasionally have accidents, so it becomes necessary for the pet owners to have good enzyme cleaners to remove the stains caused by their pets. You may easily get them at any nearby pet store or even online. Removing stains and odor from the furnishings in the right way, they have proved to be very effective. Apart from this, such cleaners help you get your rugs washed and cleaned professionally on occasions or periodically. Getting a professional cleaning for your rugs done every six to nine months would help you maintain an atmosphere that is healthy and hygienic.
Deep cleaning your rugs every few months will keep them stain and odor free.
Thus, if you follow afore mentioned simple solutions, you will maintain the beauty and cleanliness of your home for many years. So, what are you waiting for; if you have pets and seeking ways to get rid of pets' stains on your rugs and furniture, these professional cleaning solutions would come to your rescue, especially when you face hard times cleaning your rugs.
So it is clear that not all carpet cleaning methods in Sacramento CA are the same. Now that the different methods are clearly outlined, it's time to figure out which one will work best in your own home. Choose wisely, as different methods will affect different types of carpet in various ways.