Welcome to Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA!
Posted on January 1, 2018
What Method of Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA is the Answer to Your Allergy Problems at Home?
Sacramento Carpet Cleaning methods are not all the same. In fact, there are many different ways to clean various types of carpet. What many people do not understand is that carpet fibers are not all made the same, so certain types of carpet will require a different type of cleaning method. Certain cleansers may also be harmful for some carpet fibers while they work wonders for other types. It is important to complete preliminary research before having just any carpet cleaning company in Sacramento CA come to a home and clean the carpet with whatever method they feel like using without regard to what is best for the carpet.
Call Today for a FREE Quote! (916) 706-3211
To keep informed, it is probably a good idea to learn about a few of the different carpet cleaning methods in California and how they work. Below are a few different carpet cleaning methods:
1. Shampooing a Carpet - Typically this seems to be the least effective method on any carpet. What occurs during a carpet shampooing is that formulated detergents are applied directly to the carpet and then the professional carpet cleaners will use a machine that agitates the cleanser. Then they will use a vacuum to extract the cleanser and make the carpet look very clean. The detergents used are formulated to make the carpet seem bright and smell nice. However, it does little more any caked on dirt deep down in the pad of the carpet. So if the main purpose of a carpet cleaning for a home is to make it look nice, maybe for a special occasion where a lot of people will be walking around so the carpet will need to be cleaned again anyway, shampooing can be the right choice. However, for health and wellness reasons, it is typically not the top choice.
2. Dry Carpet Cleaning - Most people recommend the dry cleaning method over any other. It is certainly helpful since there is little to no down time since the carpet will not need to dry for a long period of time as is necessary with other methods. Most of the time, using a special cleaning powder completes the process. It is sprinkled all over the carpet and it will automatically start attracting dirt. After it has stayed on the carpet an appropriate amount of time to absorb, it is then sucked up by a vacuum, leaving the carpet almost as good as new. A few carpet cleaning companies have made modifications to this method with different cleansers, such as an oxygenated cleanser. This method works well too, because although it may make the carpet wet just briefly, the oxygenated bubbles help lift dirt out of the base of the carpet, allowing it to be cleaned up even more effectively.
3. Foam Carpet Cleaning - This method is also very useful. It basically takes a little bit of the shampoo method and then combines it with the dry cleaning method. A cleansing foam and a small amount of water are applied to the carpet. The cleansing foam is also designed to attract dirt dust and harmful fibers like the powder in a dry cleaning method does. It works its way through the carpet and then the foam, along with all the dirt and dust particles it has collected are extracted from the carpet. This method works best of tougher carpet due to the nature of the foam as well as the vacuum.
4. Steam Carpet Cleaning - Steam carpet cleaning is probably one of the most well known cleaning methods and is also used often by Sacramento Carpet Cleaners. It does have its disadvantages though because it uses an awful lot of water. When the water soaks deep down into the pad of the carpet, it can damage it so severely that the carpet may need to be replaced. However, if steam cleaning is done properly, and not too frequently, it can be effective. It is also known as "Hot water extraction" and basically it works by having a very powerful machine put a hot water and cleanser solution deep down into the carpet. Then the machine will extract the cleanser with a powerful suction. All of this will most likely get the most dirt out of the carpet, however, it may cause the carpet damage over time. It also means the carpet will be wet for a while, so do not use this method as a quick fix, since there is nothing quick about it.
The Hot Water Extraction (HWE) method, is a method used in chemistry for extraction and for "steam cleaning". The pressurized hot water extraction (PHWE) process uses a combination of high water pressure for agitation, and hot water to increase reaction rate.
Though commonly called "Steam Cleaning", no actual steam is involved in the HWE cleaning process, apart from steam that may escape incidentally from hot water. When the cleaning solution comes in contact with the carpet/rug, it is anywhere between 50-120 degrees Celsius, according to the heat available from the cleaning unit. For instance, in a modern truck-mounted carpet cleaning machine, water can be heated under pressure to 150+ degrees Celsius, but after passing through high pressure steel braided hose and several manifolds, the water loses much of its heat.
The typical cleaning method involves a preconditioning of the soiled surface with an alkaline (7 or above on the pH Scale) agent, followed by light agitation with a grooming brush and appropriate dwell time. Next, the surface is passed over several times with a cleaning tool (either manual or automatic) to thoroughly rinse out the preconditioner and, using an acetic acid solution, lower the pH of the fibres to a neutral state. Finally, the surface is dried sufficiently to avoid any possibility of saturation.
Hot Water Extraction Machines
Professional machines range from portable machines, which use electricity to heat the water and power the water pump and vacuum motors, to larger truck mounted machines. Truck mounts are normally stationary gas/diesel engine or PTO powered machines installed in a van or truck. The portable machine is able to access difficult to reach buildings and high story floors, while the truck mount's advantages are its power to heat the water and power of vacuum and faster cleaning and drying times. DIY and rental machines use some of the technology from the professional systems, but with less power and usually without an element to heat water (filling the unit with hot water is advised) the results are limited; these units are not typically called HWE systems.
5. Bonnet Carpet Cleaning - This method is mostly used for commercial buildings due to the amount of carpet inside of them. It is not meant to be incredibly effective, since commercial buildings experience so much traffic anyway. Basically this method will keep the carpets looking fresh and clean, even though some dirt and dust may still be lurking under the surface. A chemical detergent is applied to the carpet and then a rotary machine is equipped with an absorbent pad and then worked across the carpet.
Find Carpet Cleaners In Sacramento, CA
There are various kinds of used carpet cleaning equipment on the market today. To determine what is best for the carpet cleaning owner depends on the kind of carpet cleaning job the company wants to attract. For home cleaning, there are portable machines which perform very well. For providing service to large customers, there are large machines which can clean several thousand square feet at a time.
The vacuum cleaner will be the primary piece of used carpet cleaning equipment the business owner can purchase. Vacuuming the carpet before and after the cleaning process is vital to the final product.
The next area of consideration is what type of carpet is the equipment going to be used? There are two basic types of carpet cleaning, but there are many different names given to those processes. Mostly, they are marketing names to sound like the company is offering something the competitor is not.
Carpet shampooing is very popular. It requires a carpet shampoo and a buffer. Buffers are easily found as used carpet cleaning equipment. The buffer can be large or small in size. The primary difference the business owner will need to decide is what kind of pad will be used on the buffer to agitate the shampoo put on the carpet to clean the carpet fibers. There are disadvantages and advantages to this process, but that is not the purpose of this article.
The dry cleaning method is a popular method even though it is misnamed because there is a small amount of water used in this process. The equipment used here in addition to the vacuum cleaner is an agitating brush. This can be supplied by a buffer. The point is to work the product into the carpet so that the product can dislodge soil from the fibers of the carpet and be vacuumed up after a period of drying time.
The last professional method for cleaning is the extraction method. This method uses a great deal of water and will require several hours for drying. However, depending on the size of the extracting machine used will determine the amount of drying time. The vacuum power on a larger extractor will pull more water out of the carpet, thus reducing the drying time.
The portable extracting machine can be the size of a vacuum cleaner up to 24" long and 18" in width. They are still portable, but they will clean a larger area than the smaller portable can. This is largely due to the amount of water they can carry. The other factor in extractor machines is whether they heat the water or not. Heated water will clean the fibers deeper and better than cold water. However, heating units are usually the parts which require maintenance more than those without heaters.
So, used carpet cleaning equipment is readily available in various locations. The internet is a good place to start. The disadvantage will be shipping costs. Contacting existing carpet cleaning companies may yield those companies wanting to upgrade their existing equipment and the new business owner may find used carpet cleaning equipment within his own community. Pawn shops may be another venue to locate used carpet cleaning equipment.
Need Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA? Call Today! (916) 706-3211
Many people just pick up the phone and call any so called professional carpet cleaning company. They get their references from a circular or a flyer that was dropped in their letterbox. The carpet cleaning company that you choose deserves a little thought and attention. There should be a few considerations before you choose which commercial cleaning company to go with when next get your carpets cleaned. A few questions to ask are:
1. Will the carpet cleaning chemicals harm my carpet in any way?
Carpets are formed from individual fibers and generally the chemicals used to clean carpets do not break down or harm these fibers. More damage is done by allowing grime, dust and dirt to build up on your carpets. That is what shortens your carpets lifespan. By regularly getting a professional commercial cleaning company to steam clean your carpets, this will keep your carpets looking the best they possibly can. It will also allow them to last longer and in turn save you money in the long run.
2. Are the chemicals used to clean my carpets safe for my family and pets?
This is a very important question to get an answer to while you are researching which commercial cleaning company to hire. Lately there are more and more people who are concerned about the dangers of chemicals used inside their homes.
A question to ask them is do they use biodegradable and non toxic chemicals? Obviously, the more information you know about the chemicals they use on your carpets, the more comfortable you will feel about living in your home after the steam cleaning has been done. Keep in mind though that the companies that use harmless cleaning solutions, might turn out to be a little more expensive. But it is worth your peace of mind especially when it comes to the well being of your family and pets.
3. What's the best way to choose a good commercial cleaning company to clean my carpets?
Most of the cheaper carpet cleaning companies hire contractors with little consideration given to their qualifications and experience. The more respectable carpet cleaning companies thoroughly train their technicians before letting them loose on anyone's expensive carpets. That should be piece of mind for you when they are in your home. This extra knowledge they receive while in training, will assist them in treating even difficult carpet stains with special non toxic or harmful solutions. So the crucial thing here is that when you are researching potential commercial cleaning companies, it is important to ask if their employees or contractors go through any type of training.
It doesn't matter if you are looking for someone to regularly clean your carpets, selling your home or you're moving into a new house. If you do you homework and research, it will pay off. Doing that will ensure you receive the quality service you and your carpets deserve.
So it is clear that not all carpet cleaning methods in Sacramento CA are the same. Now that the different methods are clearly outlined, it's time to figure out which one will work best in your own home. Choose wisely, as different methods will affect different types of carpet in various ways.