Welcome to Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA!
Posted on January 1, 2018
What Method of Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA is the Answer to Your Allergy Problems at Home?
Sacramento Carpet Cleaning methods are not all the same. In fact, there are many different ways to clean various types of carpet. What many people do not understand is that carpet fibers are not all made the same, so certain types of carpet will require a different type of cleaning method. Certain cleansers may also be harmful for some carpet fibers while they work wonders for other types. It is important to complete preliminary research before having just any carpet cleaning company in Sacramento CA come to a home and clean the carpet with whatever method they feel like using without regard to what is best for the carpet.
Call Today for a FREE Quote! (916) 706-3211
To keep informed, it is probably a good idea to learn about a few of the different carpet cleaning methods in California and how they work. Below are a few different carpet cleaning methods:
1. Shampooing a Carpet - Typically this seems to be the least effective method on any carpet. What occurs during a carpet shampooing is that formulated detergents are applied directly to the carpet and then the professional carpet cleaners will use a machine that agitates the cleanser. Then they will use a vacuum to extract the cleanser and make the carpet look very clean. The detergents used are formulated to make the carpet seem bright and smell nice. However, it does little more any caked on dirt deep down in the pad of the carpet. So if the main purpose of a carpet cleaning for a home is to make it look nice, maybe for a special occasion where a lot of people will be walking around so the carpet will need to be cleaned again anyway, shampooing can be the right choice. However, for health and wellness reasons, it is typically not the top choice.
2. Dry Carpet Cleaning - Most people recommend the dry cleaning method over any other. It is certainly helpful since there is little to no down time since the carpet will not need to dry for a long period of time as is necessary with other methods. Most of the time, using a special cleaning powder completes the process. It is sprinkled all over the carpet and it will automatically start attracting dirt. After it has stayed on the carpet an appropriate amount of time to absorb, it is then sucked up by a vacuum, leaving the carpet almost as good as new. A few carpet cleaning companies have made modifications to this method with different cleansers, such as an oxygenated cleanser. This method works well too, because although it may make the carpet wet just briefly, the oxygenated bubbles help lift dirt out of the base of the carpet, allowing it to be cleaned up even more effectively.
3. Foam Carpet Cleaning - This method is also very useful. It basically takes a little bit of the shampoo method and then combines it with the dry cleaning method. A cleansing foam and a small amount of water are applied to the carpet. The cleansing foam is also designed to attract dirt dust and harmful fibers like the powder in a dry cleaning method does. It works its way through the carpet and then the foam, along with all the dirt and dust particles it has collected are extracted from the carpet. This method works best of tougher carpet due to the nature of the foam as well as the vacuum.
4. Steam Carpet Cleaning - Steam carpet cleaning is probably one of the most well known cleaning methods and is also used often by Sacramento Carpet Cleaners. It does have its disadvantages though because it uses an awful lot of water. When the water soaks deep down into the pad of the carpet, it can damage it so severely that the carpet may need to be replaced. However, if steam cleaning is done properly, and not too frequently, it can be effective. It is also known as "Hot water extraction" and basically it works by having a very powerful machine put a hot water and cleanser solution deep down into the carpet. Then the machine will extract the cleanser with a powerful suction. All of this will most likely get the most dirt out of the carpet, however, it may cause the carpet damage over time. It also means the carpet will be wet for a while, so do not use this method as a quick fix, since there is nothing quick about it.
The Hot Water Extraction (HWE) method, is a method used in chemistry for extraction and for "steam cleaning". The pressurized hot water extraction (PHWE) process uses a combination of high water pressure for agitation, and hot water to increase reaction rate.
Though commonly called "Steam Cleaning", no actual steam is involved in the HWE cleaning process, apart from steam that may escape incidentally from hot water. When the cleaning solution comes in contact with the carpet/rug, it is anywhere between 50-120 degrees Celsius, according to the heat available from the cleaning unit. For instance, in a modern truck-mounted carpet cleaning machine, water can be heated under pressure to 150+ degrees Celsius, but after passing through high pressure steel braided hose and several manifolds, the water loses much of its heat.
The typical cleaning method involves a preconditioning of the soiled surface with an alkaline (7 or above on the pH Scale) agent, followed by light agitation with a grooming brush and appropriate dwell time. Next, the surface is passed over several times with a cleaning tool (either manual or automatic) to thoroughly rinse out the preconditioner and, using an acetic acid solution, lower the pH of the fibres to a neutral state. Finally, the surface is dried sufficiently to avoid any possibility of saturation.
Hot Water Extraction Machines
Professional machines range from portable machines, which use electricity to heat the water and power the water pump and vacuum motors, to larger truck mounted machines. Truck mounts are normally stationary gas/diesel engine or PTO powered machines installed in a van or truck. The portable machine is able to access difficult to reach buildings and high story floors, while the truck mount's advantages are its power to heat the water and power of vacuum and faster cleaning and drying times. DIY and rental machines use some of the technology from the professional systems, but with less power and usually without an element to heat water (filling the unit with hot water is advised) the results are limited; these units are not typically called HWE systems.
5. Bonnet Carpet Cleaning - This method is mostly used for commercial buildings due to the amount of carpet inside of them. It is not meant to be incredibly effective, since commercial buildings experience so much traffic anyway. Basically this method will keep the carpets looking fresh and clean, even though some dirt and dust may still be lurking under the surface. A chemical detergent is applied to the carpet and then a rotary machine is equipped with an absorbent pad and then worked across the carpet.
Carpet Cleaners For Hire Sacramento?
Nothing is more important than elegance and beauty of carpet in your home. Professional carpet cleaning lends the room appearance that is rich and the feel that is soft and comfortable. It is obvious for homeowners to maintain their beauty. As many people have pets and this is why they probably need to know tips to remove their urine stains and odors as they can make a big difference to their upholstery as well as furniture.
Pets often carry bacteria and viruses that can be harmful to you and your family health. Generally, these germs get into your carpets or furniture. They may even grow at a particular room temperature. Thus, it is extremely important to take precautionary measures to stay fit and healthy. They also help in keeping your house clean and protect your life time investment. What you need is few effective tips to live together in healthy atmosphere with your pets meanwhile maintaining the cleanliness and beauty of your rugs.
The Biggest Problem
The biggest problem that usually pet lovers face is the amount of pets' hair that often gets into their rugs, drapes, or furniture. In this regard, a number of professional carpet cleaners have been made available in the market to help people get their rugs vacuumed and cleaned in a more professional way. Helping in removing the pets' hair completely, they clean your rugs without damaging the fabric.
Usually pets loose hair constantly. They lay on the furniture and rugs. They transfer oils from their skin making your rugs dirty. Moreover, dirt not only comes in your home through pets but also by family members living there. It sticks to the rugs and upholstery and causes many health related problems. This is why; we need frequent vacuuming through professional ways to keep this problem under control. It also helps in removing the strains caused by pets easily. Improving your home environment dramatically, these cleaning services work wonderfully to avoid any further growth of fungi or bacteria.
Have Good Enzyme Cleaners to Remove Stains
As pets can occasionally have accidents, so it becomes necessary for the pet owners to have good enzyme cleaners to remove the stains caused by their pets. You may easily get them at any nearby pet store or even online. Removing stains and odor from the furnishings in the right way, they have proved to be very effective. Apart from this, such cleaners help you get your rugs washed and cleaned professionally on occasions or periodically. Getting a professional cleaning for your rugs done every six to nine months would help you maintain an atmosphere that is healthy and hygienic.
Deep cleaning your rugs every few months will keep them stain and odor free.
Thus, if you follow afore mentioned simple solutions, you will maintain the beauty and cleanliness of your home for many years. So, what are you waiting for; if you have pets and seeking ways to get rid of pets' stains on your rugs and furniture, these professional cleaning solutions would come to your rescue, especially when you face hard times cleaning your rugs.
Need Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA? Call Today! (916) 706-3211
Many people have turned to dry carpet cleaning to clean their carpets. It offers many advantages to steam cleaning. It dries much faster and is less prone to stains wicking back. One way in which you can have your carpets dry cleaned is to rent a dry cleaning machine. Learn about this process and learn how to successfully clean your carpets the dry way.
The first step is to rent the dry cleaning machine. Look in your phone book or do an online search for "Host Dry Cleaning". You should easily find a store where you can rent the machine. It is a small machine with counter rotating nylon brushes. You will also need to pick up a bottle of pre-clean and a box of absorbent sponges. It should run you around $60 for the machine rental and supplies.
Once you have the machine home the fun begins. First you need to vacuum your carpet thoroughly. Do not rush through this. Go slowly and do a good job. Next you will spray a small area (10 foot by 10 foot) lightly with the pre-clean that you have bought. It will help break down and loosen the soil. After spraying this solution, sprinkle some of the absorbent sponges onto the carpet. not too much, a few handfuls will do. Next turn the machine on and go over the carpeting. Run the machine north to south and then east to west. Do not linger in one spot for too long or you could abrade the carpet fibers. After you have thoroughly agitated the powder you need to let the carpe dry. It usually doesn't take more than 15 to 30 minutes to dry. After it dries you simply vacuum it up and you are done. Congratulations you now have clean carpet.
As you can see, carpet dry cleaning is not a difficult process. Just take your time and do not skip any steps. Most places will have a video available with the machine which will demonstrate the process. be sure to grab one of them if it is available. Good luck.
So it is clear that not all carpet cleaning methods in Sacramento CA are the same. Now that the different methods are clearly outlined, it's time to figure out which one will work best in your own home. Choose wisely, as different methods will affect different types of carpet in various ways.